Thursday, March 20, 2008

Anyone had a mentor?

I just read ( and replied) to a blog called PHOTOALLIES by Greg Clarke- he's trying to establish a "mentoring program" with the ASMP ( American Society of Media Photographers) in LA.
I know, I know, you're thinking "C- what's that got to do with me?"
I don't really know- actually. maybe something, maybe nothing....
But If you've ever had someone mentor you and/or take you under their wing to show you how to be a photographer, then go over to his blog and reply on his post- I think the first step on any path is to ask for help and he has.
Think of it as "payback"....
Cheers!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger vg said...

Clayton, I am with you, having a mentor can be an invaluable thing. Of course being a mentor can be great as well. Not only are you often passing along what someone else helped you with at some point, but it is often amazing what the teacher can take away from the experience of helping the student.

And by the way, thanks for being a mentor.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home